Alaska's Fishing Guide School
The fly fishing and hand tackle guide school will be held at Alaska's
Legend Lodge. The location is in the world famous Bristol Bay drainage
on Lake Iliamna about 250 miles south west of Anchorage at our fly
fishing lodge in a remote part of Alaska. The course is six days
with an option of a 1-3 week internship at the lodge as a guide.
will be held during the summer.
- $1999 for the six day course.
- No charge on the optional 1-3 week internship.
- How to operate both prop and jet powered boats.
- Boat and motor maintenance.
- How to provide a safe fishing experience.
- How to provide casting instruction.
- Understanding equipment uses. (For example: When to use floating
line or sinking line.)
- Techniques of fly fishing.
- Techniques of spin and bait casting.
- Selection of fly patterns or spin/bait casting lures.
- Basic Entomology.
- Basic Ichthyology.
- Photography tips.
- Food preparation for shore lunch.
- How to play, handle and release fish.
- Stream etiquette.
- How to provide customer service.
Students will receive a certificate of course completion, letters
of recommendation and job referral.